The Polo Public Library was constructed in 1904. Funding for the project came from the Andrew Carnegie Foundation. Exposed to the elements over the years, the building suffered some deterioration.
Western Waterproofing Company’s Springfield Branch was involved with the exterior restoration. The building was tuck pointed, cleaned, and waterproofed. The stone columns and some stone facing had to be repaired. Jahn’s patching materials were utilized for these areas.