Base Salary, Bonus Opportunity, Full Benefits & Vehicle Allowance
Western Specialty Contractors has grown to become the nation’s largest specialty contractor in its field. We celebrate being in business for over 105 years and counting!
We specialize in masonry and concrete restoration as well as preventative waterproofing of buildings and structures. We have offices across the country and our Chicago concrete branch has an opportunity available for a Sales Project Manager.
A Day in the Life as a Construction Sales/Project Manager
As a member of the branch operations team, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting to fulfill the branch marketing goals and to achieve the sales goals
- Perform takeoffs (from blueprints and existing structures), develop estimates, write client proposals, administer contracts, develop project schedules and costing, supervise projects, and ensure quality control
- Prepare customer billings and assist in collection efforts as necessary
- Ongoing business development with our customers — architects, owners, engineers and general contractors is a vital part of this position
- Developing opportunities to initiate the sale of Western’s services in concrete/masonry restoration, waterproofing, etc.
- Assisting with the implementation of the branch marketing goals and action plans as a means to educate new and existing customers about the services Western provides
- Developing and maintain relationships with both current and potential clients to market the services provided by Western and increase customer base
- Providing customer support from start to finish of all projects and maintain contact with customers during and after completion of projects
- Accurately estimate and price all work to maximize volume and profitability
- Preparing client proposal and follow up to close the sale
- Monitoring and supervise the deployment of all projects to ensure the achievement of quality and timely execution of projects
- Interacting with Superintendent and Foreman to ensure customer/contact requirements and timelines are met
- Documenting, coordinating and communicating any project change orders to field and customer
Ensure job files are maintained and complete
- Assisting in the training and development of sales and field personnel to enhance the quality of company personnel
- Ensuring the accurate and timely billings and assist in collection efforts as required
- Maintaining a high level of technical expertise by participating in appropriate seminars and training programs
- Contributing to operating effectiveness by developing internal and external branch relationships
- Joining and participate in industry-related organizations to increase networking capabilities and develop new relationships and opportunities for work
What you Need to be Qualified for this Job
- Experience selling and managing in the industrial plants, ship channel, oil refineries, chemical plants, etc.
- 4+ years experience in commercial construction (concrete and masonry restoration vertical preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field is a plus
- The ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications will ensure success and customer satisfaction
- Ideal candidate will be both strong in sales and project management but if it really came down to it he needs someone stronger in sales
- A thorough knowledge of the construction industry is beneficial
EOE M/F/V/D E-Verify