Base Salary, Bonus Opportunity, Full Benefits and Company Vehicle
Western Specialty Contractors has grown to become the nation’s largest specialty contractor in its field. We celebrate being in business for over 105 years and counting!
We specialize in masonry and concrete restoration as well as preventative waterproofing of buildings and structures. We have offices across the country and our Chicago concrete branch has an opportunity available for an Assistant Superintendent!
Working with and learning the role of Superintendent to coordinate, plan, train and supervise the production resources of the branch in accordance with the demands of the projects. Oversee and interface with contractors, sub-contractors, building owners and property managers. Manage field personnel. Administer Safety program and provide technical assistance to Operations personnel. Act as Custodian for company equipment and materials.
- Maintains highest quality on-site customer relations in projecting image of “Being the Best.”
- Supervises, directs, and coordinates the scheduling and execution of projects in assigned areas. This responsibility includes job start-up, job execution in accordance to contract specifications, job shut-down, and manpower scheduling, all consistent with the planned costs of the job.
- Actively administers and enforces Company safety policy and program to minimize accidents affecting employees, the public, and property. This includes responsibility for conducting safety meetings, complying with governmental regulations, reporting and investigating accidents, and planning site-specific job safety procedures.
- Has knowledge/understanding and assures assigned projects comply with all governmental rules and regulations affecting work sites and employees, i.e. OSHA, DOT, EEO/Affirmative Action, EPA, Wage and Hour, etc. Current drivers license minimum.
- Contributes to efficient branch operations by supplying accurate and timely job information, including daily job logs, job file documentation, and compiling information for billing the customer.
- Provides management with earliest possible notification of real and potential job problems.
- Accepts responsibility for the care, custody, and purchasing of company equipment, material, tools, and other assets as assigned by the branch manager.
- Trains employees in proper material and equipment usage, maintenance, and storage. (just moved)
- Coordinates and monitors performance of on-site subcontractors, where appropriate.
- Provides technical assistance to branch manager and sales personnel with job estimates, as requested.
- Maintains ethical business conduct
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college courses a plus
- Must be able to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy and be able to judge straight lines, spaces, and proportions
- Physically must be able to stand or walk for long periods; lift and carry materials weighing 50 pounds or more; climb and maintain balance on ladders, scaffolds, and other objects while carrying tools and equipment; and see well (either naturally or with correction). Able to work at heights, at extreme temperatures, and to wear company safety equipment is essential
- Licenses and/or certifications may be required for specific tools, equipment, vehicles, and scaffolding
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office package and knowledge of Viewpoint Operating System a plus
- This position is part of the random drug testing program
- Assessments generated from Home Office will be part of the selection process
EOE M/F/V/D/ – E-Verify