Base Salary, Bonus Opportunity, Full Benefits & Company Vehicle
Western Specialty Contractors has grown to become the nation’s largest specialty contractor in its field. We celebrate being in business for over 105 years and counting!
We specialize in masonry and concrete restoration as well as preventative waterproofing of buildings and structures. We have offices across the country and our San Francisco, CA branch has an opportunity available for an Assistant Branch Manager.
The primary role is to assist the Branch Manager with the operation of the Branch to include marketing, sales, estimating, oversight of operations and administrative functions, safety of all branch employees and productivity of office staff and field crews. In addition, you will assist the Branch Manager overseeing the Branch’s profitability levels.
- Creating and implementing a business plan, including goals and action items for growth, profitability, safety, customer satisfaction, training and collections.
- Marketing the services and products to existing and new customers. Development of local market and implementation of marketing plans.
- Oversee the selection of projects to pursue and review bids and proposals.
- Monitor projects in progress to ensure quality control, cost compliance, safety, and customer satisfaction.
- Attract, motivate, and retain employees by understanding and selling company’s total compensation package, benefits, and training opportunities.
- Facilitate training and development of all Operations personnel.
- Evaluate branch employee performance and provide feedback and guidance.
- Administer all Corporate policies and procedures, i.e. Operations, Human Resources, Finance, Safety, Technology, and Legal.
- Maintain and enhance customer relationships by troubleshooting issues and effective communication.
- Understand Branch cash flow, which includes timely billings and following up with collections.
- Administer safety programs for work in progress to ensure compliance with local, state, federal, and corporate rules and regulations.
- Administer drug testing and affirmative action program for branch.
- Provide required information and reports to corporate timely and accurately.
- Assist with effectively managing all operations to protect all assigned Corporate assets/resources.
- Improve operations by developing and/or enhancing intra-branch relationships.
- Assist with accountability of all provisions of the contracts signed in the branch.
- Be responsible that ethical business conduct is maintained within all subordinate operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent B.S. Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related discipline is desirable. Industry certifications a plus.
- Five + years experience managing production, i.e. bricklaying, waterproofing, roofing, etc
- Five + years experience in Sales/Project Management
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications
- Demonstrated ability in managing employees
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong business development and marketing skills
- Team player
- Ability to travel at least 5% overnight
EOE M/F/V/D E-Verify